Code of Conduct
For all students and parents/guardians at The Siegeris School of Dance.
The aim of The Siegeris School of Dance is to ensure that all students experience dance in a fun, friendly, positive
and safe environment. In order to achieve this, please take note of the following guidelines. We would like to
stress that these points are of great importance in assuring the wellbeing of all students in the School.
Rules and Regulations
SSD staff will not tolerate any aggressive or abusive behaviour from our customers. All customer incidents
will be reported and investigated accordingly.
Any customer with three of more incidents reported within any given term may result in being asked to leave the school.
It is vital that students arrive in good time. If students are late for class they may miss important information
and impede the learning of others.
Regular attendance is extremely important. If students do not attend on a regular basis then the development
of the class and the individual student will be affected. Exam students’ attendance will be monitored as they
prepare for their examinations and assessments and students who fail to attend classes and additional lessons
may be withdrawn.
Pupils are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised and well-mannered way and to show respect to their
teachers when attending the Dance School. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may be
result in withdrawal from the Dance School.
It is extremely important that students come to classes dressed in full Dance School uniform in order to be
able to work correctly and safely in class and present a neat and elegant appearance. We ask that all students
make a concerted effort to come to class wearing a bun or headband for shorter hair.
Students should only get changed in the designated changing areas.
Students should make sure that they keep their valuable personal items with them at all times. The Siegeris School of Dance regrets that we cannot be held responsible if items go missing.
Remuneration and Fees
As per the Dance School Terms and Conditions; fees must be paid before the student’s first class of each
term. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal from Dance School classes.
Data Protection Policy
SSD staff members are not at liberty to enter into conversation with or disclose any information relating to
other Dance School students. Student’s information is confidential and retained by the Dance School in accordance
with our Data Protection Policy.
Health and Safety
- It is essential that students are in the right place at the right time – if students are late for class they
may miss vital information and will impede the learning of others and place themselves at risk of injury
should they miss the warm up section of the class.
- It is important that students always keep themselves warm between classes in order to protect against
- Students should drink plenty of water and ensure they keep their energy levels up by eating a healthy
snack in between classes.
- If students hurt themselves in class or feel unwell at any point, they should tell their teacher or
member of staff immediately.
- SSD hire studio space from community centres and schools, these are a work place and respect must be given to all staff on the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- No games are permitted in the car parks or outside areas of the premises
- Parents/guardians are asked to drive carefully when dropping off and collecting their children from classes.
- Children’s scooters, skate boards and roller skates must not be ridden anywhere inside the building or around the car park.
- Parents, guardians and visitors should familiarise themselves with the nearest fire exit.
- Teachers will direct class to the nearest fire exit and meeting point in the event of fire alarm activation. The fire evacuation procedure is posted on signage around all studios.
- Please ensure that fire exits are kept clear at all times.