SSD Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
The Siegeris School of Dance (SSD) believes that it is unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of children and young people who attend the school, by a commitment to practice in a way which protects them.
SSD has a ‘duty of care’ to provide a safe environment that is conducive to promoting the health and well-being of children and young people under the age of 18 years.
SSD will take all reasonable steps to ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is embedded in our contact through the training and activities we provide for them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents and carers is essential in promoting young people’s welfare
The purpose of the policy:
- To provide protection for the children and young people who receive The Siegeris School of Dance services, including the children of adult members or users
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm
This policy applies to all staff including volunteers, students or anyone working on behalf of The Siegeris School of Dance.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
To discuss any safeguarding concerns, please contact Dance School Principal, Jennifer Siegeris on 07730 536499